Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gifts of the Water Magi

After work yesterday, Dan and I both went to the grocery store, independently, without each others' knowledge. It wasn't a secret, or anything, we just both remembered we needed some things, and didn't want to bother the other one with a shopping trip.

What is funny is we each bought giant bags of rice, two containers of hummus (same flavor), and pita bread, so now we have more rice and hummus than we could possibly need :-)

I also bought a box of bottled water; I was thinking of buying sparkling water (which is basically my obsession), but decided I didn't want to carry both of them out to the car, so resigned myself to drinking regular water, because Dan will also drink it (and it makes more sense to have something we will both drink).

When I got home, I saw three boxes of La Croix in the kitchen; Dan bought them for me, but did not buy himself any water.

The whole thing made me smile; it is really the little things that make you happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment