Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...


Today was a long day in a string of long days, and I'm tired, and possibly vitamin-deficient (I took some just recently; I'm hoping it will make me feel better!).  

My day progressed as follows:   Woke up, got coffee from  Greyhouse, and went into the lab a little later than intended, after going to bed super late last night (reading about the "trace" in "trace conditioning."  Super.), then inflated the gastric balloons in my rats, then weighed rat chow, then helped remove food/water from Annette's drunken rats, then ate lunch ((BREATHE!))...

...then began removing alcohol bottles from Annette's drunken rats, this was interrupted when I was bitten by a rat (through the cage!).  After that, I helped obtain blood from RJ's rats via tail nick, then did a surgery, then tried to do another surgery but the rat failed to cooperate [he was anesthesia-resistant!!!], then gathered more blood from RJ's rats, labeled eppendorf tubes, did two more surgeries, read two papers, and went home.  I still have several other papers to read, but I really don't wanna!!!!

I also have three more jugular catheters to put in, I need to write a statement of career goals so that I can continue to have funding, and make intra-gastric balloons for my rats.  Then I will have still more papers to read for Kim/TD's classes, and the sacrifice of this group of LOON rats, as well as another set of papers to read.... I am the worst reader of all time.

I keep trying to get ahead in school and work, but as soon as I'm caught up on one thing, something else creeps up.  It is frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment