Sunday, February 1, 2009

First post.

Hi, everybody! After much procrastination, I have decided it is time I start writing my thoughts down, so that I don't forget them in the future!

The main topics of this blog will most likely be: science, psychology, fitness, nutrition, grad school (in general), art, travel, and wedding planning (the last one will probably only be until October, when I will be married(!!!) and therefore not so focused on planning weddings). There will also probably be "feelings" discussed here, but I will try to keep them at least somewhat interesting, and pertinent to some sort of topic.

Anyway, I have had a reasonably productive weekend thus far! Yesterday, I made cupcakes with roses on them; there is about as much icing as cupcake on each one, which I'm sure Katie would love.

FYI, if anybody wants to learn how to make roses, it is a lot easier than it looks. Look up "buttercream rose" on youtube, and copy people!!!

Today, I learned Dan's special techniques for making pancakes, and then went for a run. I was wearing my Hind running tights and top (both of which I got for Christmas - thanks Mom!), which are both black, and a ski mask that I found in the closet; I looked somewhere between cat-burglar and ninja (save the pink sneakers!). The weather was really nice out; I didn't need the mask (normally the cold air hurts my lungs, and I am crying by mile no. 2, but this time I did 4 miles without a lot of trouble, and was actually quite hot by the end of it). Here is a ninja-pic for you all to enjoy:

Anyway, now I am going to go to to visit Chrissy and Chris for El Tazón Magnífico (and then to Brad's for the other half of the game). Honestly, I don't think I can muster up enough enthusiasm for either team, or the event itself; I am more interested to see which companies still have money to afford commercials... :)

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their weekends! Thanks for reading!

<3 Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment