Sunday, April 5, 2009

OMG [wedding] shoes!

I have been scouring the internet (and the department stores, although the pickins are slim in W.Laf) for reasonably priced, flat (or low-heeled), non-white shoes for my wedding. I wanted something elegant, somewhat unique, and something I could wear again. I went on a "something blue" kick for awhile, but blue really isn't that "in" right now, plus I have a fall palate.

Even not limiting myself to blue shoes, I was having a really difficult time finding something that fit my criteria. It was either too casual, to boring (like EVERY wedding shoe! gah!), too high-heeled, or TOO EXPENSIVE. I never realized I had such expensive taste before; I have always just refrained from buying, or settled on something from target or TJ Maxx that sort-of fit my needs... for my wedding I was being far more choosy. WAY too choosy, in fact; I was falling in love with Guiseppe Zanotti and Miu Miu, and seriously contemplated buying Blahniks because they were on sale for *only* $500.

Wow... I didn't realize I could EVER think a pair of shoes were cheap at $500. The wedding industry is clearly getting to me.
Fortunately, I stumbled upon these beauties from Martinez Valero, a designer from Spain. At $60, they are still a little more expensive than most shoes I own (I think my running shoes are the only ones currently in the rotation that cost more than $30), but well within my budget (goal price for wedding shoes: under $100; limit: under $200. Check, and check!). I ordered them from endless.com. I got the last pair in my size; here is hoping they fit!

4 comments:

  1. Those are GREAT!! I'm sooooo happy you found something! Doesn't it feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes! i didn't think that i was the kind of person to go crazy over something like shoes (it seemed like something that would just work out; like... how hard can it BE???) but then i started overthinking it. so many options. so many beautiful [and ugly] shoes! We are going to look awesome at our respective weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article!
    Mark

    www.highheeledart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your style!If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then yellow long dress shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete