Friday, March 27, 2009

Running



This is a very race-heavy week! On Wednesday, Chrissy and I ran the "Nearly Naked Mile" for the Purdue Alumni Student Experience (PASE). The point was to donate the clothes off your back to Lafayette Transitional Housing. I didn't donate the clothes off my back (nor did I go "nearly naked"... here I am dressed as Harley Quinn [sort-of!]), but I did donate a ton of my old clothes, and I did finish the race (we beat Spongebob!). I think we made pretty good time (but who knows for sure!).

Anyway, Lafayette Transitional Housing is a really good cause. They run the Lincoln Center (which is a subsidized apartment complex), and support for those that are homeless or in danger of losing their homes (in the form of bus tokens, food, clothing, employment assistance, etc.). When I worked at Wabash Valley Hospital, I talked to the organizers for awhile; they seem to really run a good program.

Tomorrow (Saturday) morning, Chrissy, Liz and I (and maybe RJ) are going to run in the HEROES 5k, which will benefit the Red Cross (another excellent cause!). I doubt that I will be setting any records, but it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment