Thursday, March 5, 2009

Excitement of the day

Today I had a pretty good day; woke up, drank some coffee, did some work, ate some lunch, did some more work, went for a run (it was over 60 degrees!!! yay!). Got a phone call from my Grandpa Buzz (Homer Hargrave, Jr.), who just happened to be in Lafayette, and wanted company for dinner. It was about 6:15 when he called; I was still at work, and needed a shower; Dan was also still at work, so we did not get to his hotel until around 7pm. I think this was OK; we had a nice dinner and chat at Hour Time, a restaurant I had never been to, but have seen many times before.

The food was pretty good; I had salmon, Buzz and Dan each had their own type of pasta. It was good to see my grandpa; he seemed excited about our wedding, and asked a lot of questions about it. The guy is sort-of a free spirit, in his own way; he drove to Indianapolis to go to the bank (and try to find some old friends; I am sure he didn't give them much notice!), then he drove to Lafayette, and checked into a hotel, and called me at the very last minute (which is his way); he did not have a thing on him! No luggage, pajamas, etc. I guess that the Lafayette stop was a bit of an afterthought. I don't know if I am of the temperament to just wander around; sometimes I wish I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment