Monday, April 27, 2009

GO HAWKS!


OK, first and foremost, the Chicago Blackhawks have moved on to Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Yay. Then we will be playing the Canucks in Round 2. Simultaneously, the Mighty Ducks will be playing the Red Wings... it is rare that I root for a California team in Hockey (they can have summer sports!), but the enemy of my enemy is my friend, so go Ducks! Anyway, exciting times.

The other news of the day is that Dan is gone far far away at a conference. This is sad, but it has allowed me to be productive. Remember how I said I cut 4 brains on Friday. That is actually a lot of brains. Today I cut 10. I am still in the lab, getting all of my stuff together so I can go home. I was going to try to cut another one, because I accidentally cut one that I didn't need to cut (suck!) but the cryostat started to defrost midway through my last brain, which I think was my cue that I had overstayed my welcome.

So, now I have 27 brains left to cut. 7/day I will be done this week! This is unlikely, due to classes, etc., but it IS possible!

That said, it is kinda pointless to rush it sooo much, since Kim said she would be away much of June, so it looks like getting my masters this summer is nearly impossible. That is sad; I really wanted to. It just sucks that all the profs are away during the short window of time available!

Well, I guess it is time for me to go home and sleep! It has been a long, long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment