Friday, July 10, 2009

Hello!

Hey! I haven't updated this in ages!

Since the last post, Jill & Evan, and Chrissy & Chris got married (yay!). Jessica gets married sooo soon, then it will be Lehmann, and then my cousin, Emily. Craziness. Just found out Chelsea's sister is getting married soon, too! Exciting!

My wedding is getting so close! We have a lot done, but a lot more TO do. I am envisioning a trip to Chicago in the near future. It is getting more and more real every day that I will soon be Dan's wife. I am so lucky :)

In other news, we recently had a nice 4th of July celebration! On the 3rd, Dan and I joined the rest of his family in watching the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra perform at Connor Prairie. Cannons were involved! I cannot even imagine conducting cannons! The fireworks were also amazing; they were timed with the music, and really beautiful, colorful, and large!!! The only major downside was that parking [especially leaving the event] was an absolute nightmare, but only because the event was so popular. Anyway, we had a great time; it is always good to see the Noland crew.

On the 4th, Mary Ann and Jared hosted a dinner party. Though the weather was not so cooperative, we were very lucky to have some amazing food, most of which was cooked by Jared (although I must say that Lindsey & Chris's strawberry shortcakes, and our berry tart were also good!). During a break in the rain, we went outside and lit sparklers, which is always fun... it was Mary Ann's first experience lighting fireworks, so that was also cute. I can't even remember the first time I lit a sparkler... I must have been 4 or 5, haha.

All day today I felt sick, but I felt well enough to eat some food by dinnertime, and then [slowly] walk around downtown Lafayette for the gallery walk. We saw Chelsea and her friends, which was fun... we are meeting up with them soon to see the new Harry Potter movie. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment